To be considered for program admission, you should have:
- 58 or more college credits from a regionally accredited college or university
- A cumulative 2.25 GPA or higher
- Significant life experience (such as several years of work or volunteer experience, family care provider, military service, or other non-academic life experience)
- Not already earned a bachelor’s degree.
*If you don’t quite have 58 credits or if your GPA is close to the 2.25 minimum, we can still help! Contact us for more information about how to get started.
Application Deadlines by Semester
|Semester||Application Deadline||Courses Begin|
|Spring||December 15||Early January|
|Summer||April 1||Early May|
|Fall||July 15||Late August|
Step 1 – Apply to Boise State University
Students applying for the Multidisciplinary Studies (MDS) program must first be accepted to Boise State as a degree-seeking student. Visit admissions.boisestate.edu/apply, all applications must be submitted with a nonrefundable application fee of $50.
- In the Semester and Major section of the application, select “Multidisciplinary Studies – Evening/Weekend – Jr/Sr Standing” as your academic area of interest
Step 2 – Request Official Transcripts
Request official transcript(s) from all previous colleges and universities you attended.
Step 3 – Apply to Multidisciplinary Studies Program
Once you are accepted to Boise State, the next step is for you to submit your Life Statement. Your Life Statement serves as your application to the program.
Anytime – Talk to the MDS Team
Schedule an appointment with our Intake Coordinator, Rebecca, to discuss your goals, interests, and if this program is the perfect fit for you.